Wakeboarding is the number one extreme sport for adrenaline seekers and there are no shortage of companies that have tried to cash in on the action. There are now hundreds of options for wakeboard bindings on the market from dozens of brands.
But, when the water is calling and that adrenaline rush is in full throttle, you don’t want to spend too much time researching the best wakeboard bindings. Instead, you should choose your wakeboard bindings quickly and wisely based on your needs and budget.
These are the best wakeboard bindings reviews of our top 10 picks and comparisons.
|Ronix Kid's Wakeboard Bindings August Girl's Boot||Best Overall|
|Hyperlite Women's Mystique Wakeboard Bindings 2019||Budget Pick|
|Airhead Binding Venom Wakeboard||Upgrade Pick|
1. Ronix Kid's Wakeboard Bindings August Girl's Boot
- Quick and easy adjustment system
- A well-built, reliable design
- Made from a high-quality material
- Tight at first
- Not the best aesthetically
If you're planning to buy a new pair of wakeboard bindings that are designed for young girls, then the Ronix Kid's Wakeboard Bindings August Girl's Boot will be a wise choice. First, it's made from sturdy and high-quality materials.
The design itself is quite simple, but it's cute enough for a young girl. Also, the bindings are quite firm, allowing for greater support. The good thing is that the bindings are quite adjustable, and they can grow with your young girl as she grows.
Another great feature of the Ronix Kid's Wakeboard Bindings August Girl's Boot is that they're very comfortable. Bear in mind that they can be a bit snug at first, but they will loosen up in time. This is also one of the few bindings that have a quick easy adjustment system.
2. O'Brien Clutch Wakeboard Bindings
- Adjustable and release easily
- Solid, strong binding
- Good reviews
- Perfect for intermediate to advanced wakeboarders
- Nice looking boots
With lots of high-end features and a lower price than you would expect, this binding is going to work great for experts as well as beginners. They are very easy to adjust quickly, so if you need to put them on or take them off for riding a different board, you’ll be able to do it very quickly. This could be the best wakeboard bindings on the market right now.
3. Airhead Binding Venom Wakeboard
- Adjustable straps
- Robust urethane
- Adjustable to accommodate larger feet
- Easy to switch to the wakeboard setting without removing your foot
- Slits along the buckle path cause boots to pop out with little pressure
- Apparent product defect, some users report the same
The Airhead Atom Wakeboard Package is a great performer that boasts of a very durable construction. It’s a favorite among most users due to the fact that the boot is adjustable. Its urethane contours the foot nicely for a better fit. It holds even the heavier users with ease.
According to customer reports, the buckles work very well. You can use them to switch back and forth between the wakeboard and the ski mode very easily.
While most users are happy with this product most of them also report that they do have problems with the slits in the buckle path. It’s one of the most frequent complaints we found.
4. Hyperlite Destroyer 2020 Wakeboard Bindings
- Hyperlite’s flex control system
- Wide heel base
- Supports over-sized footbeds
- Great heel hold
- Ideal for tall people
- Comes with 2 high back straps
- Lightweight design with a system that’s easy to use
- Swivel cable attachment
- Good fit over boot
- Comes with a single speed toe
The Hyperlite Destroyer has proved its worth over the years, making it one of the top-rated bindings on the market. The system uses a flex control system that provides all the natural movement that you need to move in the water during all phases of the jump.
The bindings are made to be comfortable, allowing you to enjoy your wakeboarding. The ergonomic design created by Hyperlite allows to to have comfort throughout your wakeboarding experience.
5. Humanoid Wakeboards Howl Wakeboard Binding
This wakeboard binding is a great way to take advantage of optimum foot flex as you ride the wakeboard’s edge. This model features a Hydroskin base and molded tongues, letting your feet conform to the foot bed for a long-lasting relationship.
The jagged edges facilitate a natural flex to your movements, and the heel channels aid in creating a more natural fit. This wakeboard can deliver a snug fit and a stronger hold as you hit the wakeboard’s edge turns.
It features a dual lace runner that is adjustable to suit a tighter or looser fit. This is a winner for both men and women, as it is adjustable between sizes. The Humanoid Wakeboard Howl bindings are compatible with adjustable features on a wide range of wakeboards.
6. Hyperlite Women's Mystique Wakeboard Bindings 2019
The male design and colors do not look very appealing at first.
Our top pick for best wakeboard binding for women is the Hyperlite Women’s Mystique Binding. This binding makes riding the wakeboard more comfortable for women.
Apart from its comfortable design, this binding has also been made with quality in mind. It is durable and can withstand even the most challenging of riding conditions.
7. Hyperlite Agent 2020 Wakeboard Bindings
- Thick ankle pads for protection
- Ergonomically designed ankle strap with a non-slip system
- Flexible toe cap that has a foot bed cover for comfort
- High support and stability
- Compatible with all wakeboards and most new skis
- The new design lacks binding mounting holes on the toe cap
- Some reviewers have expressed a concern with the new design not being as comfortable as the prior version
- The design may not be suitable for riders with feet that are narrower than a D
If you’re looking for slightly more stable bindings, then the Hyperlite Agent bindings may be the choice for you. The design straps around the ankle and offers a solid connection to the board. It has a safety strap at the front to connect to your boot. The bindings are super soft, which makes them comfortable.
What’s great about the Hyperlite Agent is that it’s fairly easy to use thanks to its adjustable toe cap size. The sizes range from a D to a double width X. You also have the option to attach the straps even if you’re wearing really thick socks or extra padding.
8. Ronix Wakeboard Bindings Supreme Boot
- Durable, replaceable shins and knee pads
- Military grade buckles, urethane straps and a lace system
- Excellent customer service
Comparing the old Ronix bindings with the new ones can prove a bit difficult. However, if you’ve ever used the Ronix Bindings Line before, then you are aware of their quality. With any larger company, you have to account for the growing process. With Ronix, you should also expect to see better products in the future as they release more of their product line.
The big challenge with the Ronix Bindings Line is all in the sizing. While this isn’t something that you can escape in most cases with bindings, Ronix Bindings in the past were a bit more forgiving. When ordering Ronix bindings, you’re going to want to pay attention to the sizing chart.
9. Hyperlite Frequency Wakeboard Boot Pair OSFA
- Very comfortable and durable binding
- Relatively light
- Reliable buckles
This is yet another excellent product from Hyperlite. The Frequency is yet another great option if you’re on the hunt for a new boot – flexible, durable, and smooth to ride in.
One of the best features of this connector is that it’s fully customizable. You’ll be able to choose the color of your buckle, your lacing, and the feel of the exterior. Choose the one that suits your riding style the best.
The Frequency comes with a rubberized lightweight upper that won’t weigh you down with unnecessary weight. If you’re looking for something sporty and funky, this could be the perfect product for you.
10. Liquid Force Rant Kids Wakeboard Bindings 2018-4-6/Black-Green
- Hook and loop closure system